Friday, January 25, 2013

Old Faithful



We frequent a restaurant/bar in Lansing that has never let us down.  We have been going there about once a week for the last three years (give or take a visit or two).  This place has never let us down, and they always have delicious food and pretty good service.  The place that I am talking about is The Nuthouse in downtown Lansing.  This is our go to place when we do not want to deal with the possibility of being disappointed.  Our friends know that when they come and see us in Lansing that we will be going there.
                Now, we have had a couple of times where the server was kind of rude but those times are far away now.  I mean it, literally they were years ago and that has not happened since. 
The Nuthouse has a podium as soon as you walk in so that you know you need to wait to be seated; if the place is dead then the bartender will holler to you that you can seat yourself.  I can deal with that.  I really am not that high maintenance. 
                The establishment has a great atmosphere; they are a sports bar with plenty of elbow room to move around.  There are around half a dozen or so flat screen TVs with the most desired games on them.  You can choose between the restaurant side and the bar side (we usually choose the bar side).  They have a game room off of the bar side that has plenty to do.  In the summer they now have seating outside so you can also take that option as well.  There is always some kind of private party going on there, but there is always still plenty of room for you and a large group to comfortably dine or drink there.
                Lets get to the good stuff; the food.  Their food is delicious.  It is a step up from bar food, and they are always making slight changes to the menu to ensure that there is something new on it every few months.  I have literally NEVER had a bad meal there; nor have any of my friends been disappointed in their food at Old Faithful.  My favorite has to be their homemade spinach and artichoke calzone.  It is so delicious that I have ordered it almost every time that we are there.  It is filled with delicious spinach (one of my favorites) creamy mozzarella cheese with slight doses of tomato and red onion.  I am telling you, it is one of the best things that I have had…anywhere.
                I now try to mix it up when I go there.  I would always get that calzone but I figured since I enjoyed that so much then I should try and mix it up to see how all of the other food is.  Well the starters are all delicious; Collin (my fiancé) and I usually get some kind of an appetizer.  We have ordered them all and we have never been let down.  Not just run of the mill appetizers either, they all have a homemade taste to them.   However, recently we ordered the buffalo chicken sliders and we were blown away!  We were expecting them to be good, but they exceeded our expectations.  There were three of them and we also ordered a side of fries for $1.  We split the whole thing and considered that our dinner for the evening.  We were absolutely full and still had some money in our pockets to have a couple more drinks.  So we turned an appetizer into a meal, it never hurts to save a little money.
                Our waitress here was so nice.  She greeted us immediately when we walked in the door and took us to our seat.  She took our drink order and had them to us in no time flat.  When she took our food order she noticed that we had a KENO ticket, so she asked if we wanted her to take it up for us.  This was amazing to me because I have literally NEVER had someone ask to take the KENO ticket up.  In fact most places have a strict rule against it.  So this was quite pleasing to us as well. 
                Obviously I love The Nuthouse; and they deserve our adoration.  They serve quality food and give impeccable service.  I would recommend that if you are in the Lansing area to stop in and try some of their delectable food.  You will not be disappointed!  That is why we call it and it deserves the name “Old Faithful.”

No comments:

Post a Comment